While many cities are struggling to give back space to green spaces, Vichy, a city of waters, as early as the end of the 19th had already its “green line”, between the river and the heart of the city. In order to keep its rank as a spa town, it offered to the curists spaces where to stroll in all serenity. Thus, in 1861, was created, the Napoleon III park, thanks to the construction of a dyke, on the site of a dried-up secondary arm of the Allier. The oldest of the parks stretches along the Boulevard des États-Unis and today a long driveway overlooks the lake with a view of the golf course. Napoleon Park is decorated with native plantations (poplars, ashes, chestnut trees, lime trees…) and exotic ones (catalpas, Judas trees…), and flower beds. Now 800 trees provide pleasant shade. Over the years, their diversity has been reinforced with species from all continents: cedars, redwoods, Canadian snags, maples. They adorn the long stretches of lawns accessible to walkers, who on fine days cannot resist the pleasure of picnicking there.