Entrusted to Jean Lefaure, State architect for the Compagnie Fermière, this first residence bears the name of Marie-Louise. Completed in 1863, it is decorated with faux ochre and yellow bricks arranged in a checkerboard pattern and light wood friezes. But its galleries, on two levels, where the emperor liked to smoke and chat in good company, overlooked the street. Napoleon III was annoyed at being at the mercy of unwelcome admirers. Moreover, an imperial domestic dispute put an end to the empress’s stay in Vichy in July 1863. This would explain Napoleon III’s request to the architect Lefaure to build two other chalets. One, in honor of his imperial lady, to be forgiven his amorous incartades. And, the other in order to find more intimacy.