See photos (4)

Chalet des Roses

Historic site and monument, Historic patrimony, House, Historic district, listed, 19th C in Vichy
  • Built in 1863 by Napoleon III's Minister of Finance, it was home to the Grand Duchess Marie of Russia and Egypt's Khedive Ismaïl Pacha. The Chalet des Roses owes its name not only to the color of its granite facade, but also to the more than 50 species of rose...

  • Achille Fould, Napoleon III's Minister of Finance, commissioned architect Lefaure to copy and paste the Emperor's chalets. It was distinguished by the installation of porcelain toilets with a "valve closet" system imported from England. It was a luxury to be equipped with such sanitary facilities at the time. Numerous personalities stayed here, including the Duke of Oldenburg, Grand Duchess Marie of Russia, sister of the Tsar, and Ismaël Pacha, Khedive of Egypt. The Bignon family, who...
    Achille Fould, Napoleon III's Minister of Finance, commissioned architect Lefaure to copy and paste the Emperor's chalets. It was distinguished by the installation of porcelain toilets with a "valve closet" system imported from England. It was a luxury to be equipped with such sanitary facilities at the time. Numerous personalities stayed here, including the Duke of Oldenburg, Grand Duchess Marie of Russia, sister of the Tsar, and Ismaël Pacha, Khedive of Egypt. The Bignon family, who acquired the Chalet des Roses in 1885, occupied it for over a century. Since April 2021, it has been owned by Jean-Yves LARRAUFIE and Anne-Flore MAMAN LARRAUFIE.
  • Spoken languages
    • Italian
    • English
    • French
Services
  • Activities
    • Botanic trail
    • Temporary exhibition
    • Activity
    • Concert
  • Equipment
    • Parking nearby
  • Services
    • Educational visits
    • Booking obligatory
    • Tour free of charge
Close